Oxford Board of Aldermen 5/3/16
Published 12:00 pm Monday, May 2, 2016
Oxford Board of Aldermen
Tuesday, 5 p.m.
City Hall courtroom
1. Call to order.
2. Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
3. Mayor’s report.
4. Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on April 19
5. Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
6. Consider consent agenda:
a. Request approval of a promotion in the Oxford Electric Department. (Braxton Tullos)
b. Request approval of two promotions in the Oxford Fire Department. (Braxton Tullos)
c. Request approval of two interns in the Oxford Police Department. (Joey East)
d. Authorize travel for two department heads to travel to Indianapolis, Indiana, to visit Autocar & Cummins Plants on May 15-17 at an estimated cost of $476. (Amberlyn Liles)
e. Authorize travel for members of the board, department heads and counsel to attend the annual MML Conference on in Biloxi. (Ashley Atkinson)
f. Accept the resignations of several FNC Park Seasonal workers. (Braxton Tullos)
g. Request approval of Towner Taxi (formerly O’Towner) with Andrew O’Bryan as owner/driver and John Cofer and William Tyner as drivers. (Joey East)
h. Request approval of Flying Tuk Taxi with Paul Klimetz II, Ferriday McClatchy, and Michael Arnemann as owners/drivers. (Joey East)
i. Request approval of Magnolia Taxi with Gerald Kuchenmeister as owner/driver. (Joey East)
7. Accept a donation from Create Foundation Inc. in the amount of $3,495 in memory of Al and Becky Moreton. (Ashley Atkinson)
8. Accept the donation of airfare and hotel expenses for two department heads for travel to Indianapolis, Indiana, to visit the Autocar & Cummins plant on May 15-17. (Amberlyn Liles)
9. Consider a request to extend the use of an interim public defender, on an “as needed” basis for a period of 90 days. (Larry Little)
10. Consider a request from the University of Mississippi to close Gertrude Ford Boulevard on an uninterrupted basis from Wednesday, July 6, 2016, to Aug. 20, 2016, to facilitate the renovation of the University Avenue bridge. (Bart Robinson)
11. Second reading and public hearing of an ordinance amending the Land Development Code, Section 140.02-Uses Permitted in (NB) Neighborhood Business to remove “Dry Cleaner Pick-Up Center” and add “Professional Office”. (Judy Daniel)
12. Request permission to hire an Apprentice Lineman, Step 1 and an Apprentice Lineman, Step 2 in the Oxford Electric Department. (Braxton Tullos)
13. Request approval to conduct Arc Flash and Coordination study of electric distribution system. (Rob Neely)
14. Request permission to accept the water, sewer and street maintenance in the portions of Ed Perry Boulevard and Commonwealth Boulevard constructed as part of Oxford Commons PUD Phase I Tract C Part 3. (Bart Robinson)
15. Consider a request from Uncommon Oxford (Jackson Row) to allow work during the hours of 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Saturdays in lieu of 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. for a maximum of three days. (Bart Robinson)
16. Request permission to advertise for Downtown Square Area ADA Improvements. (Bart Robinson)
17. Request permission to advertise for a skid steer for the Public Works Department. (Bart Robinson)
18. Request permission to accept bid on installation of chiller for City Hall. (Bart Robinson)
19. Consider a change to City Employee Policy, Section 10.6, Item f. Meals While Traveling, to remove the requirement to provide receipts for meals. (Braxton Tullos)
20. Consider executive session.