Board of Supervisors agenda
Published 12:00 pm Monday, July 4, 2016
Lafayette County Board of Supervisors
Tuesday, 5 p.m.
1. Call to Order
2. Approve Agenda
3. Approve minutes of June 20, 23, 28 and July 1, 2016 meetings.
4. Approve Claims Docket.
5. Consent Agenda:
a. Spread on the minutes payment to Chancery Clerk for $200.00 for attendance to board meetings. (Sherry Wall)
b. Approve travel for two employees in Tax Collector/Assessor office to attend Annual Conference in Natchez, MS on July 19-22, 2016. (Sylvia Baker)
c. Spread on the minutes the certificate from MS Department of Revenue having received a correct copy of the Recapitulation of the Real and Personal Assessment Rolls of Lafayette County. (Sylvia Baker)
d. Approve travel of Fire Coordinator to attend the National Fire Academy on August 22-September 2, 2016. (Wes Anderson)
e. Authorize Parnell Boyd and Morgan Colvett to the pool of part-time firefighters. (Wes Anderson)
f. Spread on the minutes the payment of $4,967.00 top the Circuit Clerk for June term of court. (Baretta Mosley)
g. Consider accepting general bids. (Lisa Carwyle)
h. Spread on the minutes the hiring of Trae Pruitt as jailor, effective June 1, 2016. (Johnny McDonald)
6. Equalize Ad Valorem Rolls and authorize Clerk to publish notice in newspaper. (Sherry Wall)
7. Hear two objections to Homestead Disallowance. (Sherry Wall)
8. Annual report of the Board of Trustees for Lafayette County Reserve and Trust Fund.
9. Approve Planning Commission recommendation of plat change for Pine Needle Subdivision. (Larry Britt)
10. Approve Planning Commission recommendation of two variance for Dollar General-Paris (a. changing parking lot setback from 10’ to 6’ b. changing 30’ building setback on the north side to a 20’ setback). (Larry Britt)
11. Approve Planning Commission recommendation for Final Plat for Shelbi’s Place Phase VI. (Larry Britt)
12. Approve Planning Commission recommendation for a change of occupancy for Stout’s Commercial Site. (Larry Britt)
13. Approve Planning Commission recommendation to support Subdivision Regulation changes. (Larry Britt)
14. Request permission to get on private property on County Road 277 and corner of County Road 371 and County Road 376 for Solid Waste to clean the property, the County has written permission of the property owners. (Kenneth Drewery)
15. Consider approval of the FY 2016 Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) Application. (David Shaw)
16. Consider executive session.
17. Recess until Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 8:30 a.m.