Oxford Board of Aldermen agenda
City of Oxford
Board of Aldermen
Tuesday, 5 p.m.
1. Call to order.
2. Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
3. Mayor’s Report.
4. Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on September 15, 2015, special meeting on September 29, 2015.
5. Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
6. Consider consent agenda:
a. Accept tree mitigation from Oxford Galleria II in the amount of $55,620.00 and from Oxford Pediatric Group in the amount of $10,650.00. (Katrina Hourin)
b. Adopt Municipal Compliance Questionnaire. (Lisa Carwyle)
c. Request approval for The Growler- Oxford, to sell kegs. (Lisa Carwyle)
d. Declare two vehicles surplus and sell on govdeals.com. (Bart Robinson)
e. Approve Mayor to sign MS Office of Highway Safety grant for the FY 15-16 year in the amount of $101,835.00. (Joey East)
f. Request approval for four officers to attend Critical Legal Issues training from October 6-8, 2015 in Corinth, MS at no cost. (Joey East)
g. Request approval for two officers to attend a Radar Instructor course onNovember 10-11, 2015 in Owensboro, KY at a total cost of $1,036.00. (Joey East)
h. Request approval for two communications officers to attend 911 Homicide training on October 12-13, 2015 in Gulfport, MS at a cost of $802.00. (Joey East)
i. Request approval for five officers to attend Behavior Analysis & Interviewing Techniques on November 12-13, 2015 in Pearl, MS at a cost of $1,155.00. (Joey East)
j. Authorize approval of Alfonzo Jordan (owner & driver), Quentin Whitwell (owner & driver), Denzel Francis, Brian Biales, Michael Gritter, Christopher Rhodes, Gerod Daniels and William Bexley. (Joey East)
k. Authorize approval of employees to travel to Phoenix, AZ to pick up Double Decker buses on October 11-17, 2015 at an estimated cost of $4,000. (Bo Ragon)
l. Authorize employment of a Laborer in Buildings & Grounds. (Braxton Tullos)
m. Authorize employment of a seasonal employee in Buildings & Grounds. (Braxton Tullos)
n. Authorize transfer of two RSVP drivers from part-time to full-time. (Braxton Tullos)
o. Authorize pay rate increase for Reserve Officer while working in Parking Department. (Braxton Tullos)
p. Authorize the internal advertisement for a full-time laborer position in the Recycling Division. (Braxton Tullos)
q. Authorize employment of a part-time laborer in the Recycling Division. (Braxton Tullos)
r. Accept resignation of Director of the Narcotics Unit. (Braxton Tullos)
s. Request approval for Engineer to attend Landis+Gyr Users Group Meeting in Chattanooga, TN, October 12-13, 2015 at an estimated cost of $156.22. (Rob Neely)
t. Declare three (3) OED vehicles as surplus. (Rob Neely)
7. Recognize Heather Neilson as Ole Miss Homecoming Queen.
8. Authorize the appointment of Kate Kellum, Scott Rone and Michael Worthy to the Pathways Commission.
9. Adopt proclamation declaring October as Stand Beside Her Month.
10. Adopt resolution for refunding of 2004 and 2007 General Obligation Bonds. (Lisa Carwyle)
11. Approve contract with A2H for consultation services for Historic Preservation Commission. (Katrina Hourin)
12. Approve planning service contract with Orion Planning Group for the Development Ordinance rewrite. (Katrina Hourin)
13. Request approval of the final plat for The Heights Phase III in Oxford Commons. (Katrina Hourin)
14. Request approval of water and sewer service for The Heights Phase III in Oxford Commons. (Katrina Hourin)
15. Third reading and vote to adjust fees on City of Oxford Building and Electrical permits. (Randy Barber)
16. Request permission to sign amended interlocal agreement between City and County for transit services. (Arledia Bennett)
17. Authorize partial release of covenants and partial release of right to purchase and right of first refusal agreement with Baptist Memorial Hospital – North Mississippi. (Pope Mallette)
18. Authorize Mayor to sign MOU between the City and the MS Wireless Communications Commission for MSWIN radio use. (Jimmy Allgood)
19. Approve engineering agreement for W.L. Burle Engineering at the Wastewater Treatment Plant. (Bart Robinson)
20. Authorize supplemental agreement for Eubanks Construction Company for Utility Relocation Services for Hwy 7 South. (Bart Robinson)
21. Approve revised CSA Master Contract. (Rob Neely)
22. Authorize employment of Building Inspector. (Braxton Tullos)
23. Authorize employment of Street Operator I. (Braxton Tullos)
24. First reading and discussion of ordinance to allow for sale and use of columbarium niches. (Amberlyn Liles, Bart Robinson)
25. Discuss the recommendation of the Parking Committee regarding the placement of 8 parking meters in front of High Cotton. (Matt Davis)
26. Consider executive session.
City of Oxford Courthouse Square Historic Preservation Commission Monday, 5 p.m. The regular meeting of the Courthouse Square Historic Preservation... read more