Oxford Board of Alderman agenda
Oxford Board of Aldermen
5 p.m., Tuesday
City Hall courtroom
1. Call to order.
2. Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
3. Mayor’s Report.
4. Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on Oct. 6.
5. Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
6. Consider consent agenda:
a. Request permission for two employees to attend Landis+Gyr RF Network Deployment training in Alpharetta, Ga. with a cost of $1,806. (Rob Neely)
b. Authorize purchase of a budgeted vehicle for the Fire Department. (Cary Sallis)
c. Approve travel for five Public Works employees to attend MS Damage Prevention Summit 2015 and one employee to attend Utility Locator Training in Tunica, with a cost of $1,031. (Bart Robinson)
d. Request approval for Derrick Young as an intern for the Police Department. (Joey East)
e. Approve promotion from part-time to full-time in the Environmental Services Department. (Braxton Tullos)
f. Accept resignation in the Police Department. (Braxton Tullos)
g. Accept resignation of cashier in the Electric Department and authorize advertisement for a replacement. (Braxton Tullos)
7. Request permission from University of Mississippi for pep rally on square on Oct. 23.
8. Approve reappointment of Tom Sharpe, Dreher Harris and Jeff Johnson to Parking Commission.
9. Approve contract with A2H and request permission to bid Woodlawn Park. (Bubba Robinson)
10. Second reading and public hearing of ordinance to allow for sale and use of columbarium niches. (Amberlyn Liles, Bart Robinson)
11. Second reading and public hearing of an ordinance regarding the placement of eight parking meters in front of High Cotton. (Matt Davis)
12. First reading of ordinance adding RB (Two-Unit Residential) to Chapter 34, Article II-Landscaping Section 34-22 Applicability and Exemption requiring tree mitigation for development in this zoning district. (Andrea Correll)
13. First reading of ordinance allowing for storm water structures in a front yard on a case-by-case basis by a licensed engineer. (Andrea Correll)
14. First reading of ordinance amending Chapter 34 Article II, Landscaping, to correct a cross-reference error. (Andrea Correll)
15. Request permission to bid for turf for infield of Quad A. (Brad Freeman)
16. Accept Creekside conservation easement.
17. Consider donation from Mississippi State Society Daughters of the American Revolution. (Bart Robinson)
18. Consider request from Dees Oil for Water and Sewer service on Highway 7 South and request for exception to service area under Public Service Commission Rule 7.101(2). (Bart Robinson)
19. Approve final amendment for FY 2014-2015 Budget. (Lisa Carwyle)
20. Authorize merit policy for Environmental Services Department and Building and Development Department. (Braxton Tullos)
21. Consider executive session.