Oxford Board of Aldermen agenda
Oxford Board of Aldermen
Tuesday, 5 p.m.
City Hall Courtroom
1. Call to order
2. Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
3. Mayor’s Report.
4. Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on Nov. 3, 2015.
5. Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
6. Consider consent agenda:
a. Request permission for FNC employee to attend 2015 Sports Turf Managers Association National Conference in San Diego, California with a cost of $2,100. (Brad Freeman)
b. Authorize employment of three firefighters. (Braxton Tullos)
c. Authorize employment of four full-time police officers. (Braxton Tullos)
d. Approve intern, Ashley Herndon, for Court Department. (Braxton Tullos)
e. Accept resignation in City Shop and authorize advertisement for a Service Technician III. (Braxton Tullos)
f. Authorize employment of Customer Service Representative for Electric Department. (Braxton Tullos)
g. Accept donation from Fred’s in the amount of $123.57 to the Police Department. (Joey East)
h. Request approval for Charles Moser and Gabby Cantrell to intern with the Police Department. (Joey East)
i. Request approval for two officers to attend Crime Scene Investigation training in Biloxi at a cost of $1,185. (Joey East)
j. Request approval for five officers to attend Instructor Development Training at the University of Mississippi with a cost of $1,500.00. (Joey East)
k. Request approval for four night’s lodging fees for instructor to teach Leadership Development at the Police Department at a cost of $420. (Joey East)
l. Request approval for two officers to participate in webinar training on law enforcement recruiting at a cost of $70. (Joey East)
m. Request approval for two officers to attend Survival Tactics training in Meridian with a cost of $595. (Joey East)
n. Request approval for three officers to attend Behavioral Analysis training in Southaven at total cost of $750. (Joey East)
o. Request approval for the Police Department to apply for the continuance of the two ongoing grants, on behalf of the City, form the MS Office of Highway Safety for the FY 2017 year in the amount of $189,459 for the Impaired Enforcement Grant and for $7,651 for the Occupant Protection Grant. (Joey East)
p. Accept donation from Fred’s in the amount of $123 for Fire Safety and Prevention. (Cary Sallis)
q. Request approval of a fireman to travel to Meridian at cost reimbursed by MS Homeland Security. (Cary Sallis)
r. Request approval of travel of five employees to attend MS Department of Environmental Quality-Rubbish Site training in Jackson with a cost of $805. (Amberlyn Liles)
7. Request from Lions Club for Christmas Parade on Dec. 7 at 6:30 p.m. (John Mulkey)
8. Second reading and public hearing of ordinance amending Section 14-9 of the Code of Ordinances to allow consumption of alcohol at the Pavilion on Bramlett Boulevard, the old National Guard Armory. (Wayne Andrews)
9. Request permission to purchase two 2005 Gillig Low Floor 30 foot 28 passenger buses for $4,800.00. (Tim Akers)
10. Update on MHSAA State Football Championships. (Brad Freeman)
11. Approve transfer of Skipwith Cottage to Historic Properties Commission. (Jim Pryor)
12. Request for a revocable license of City property behind the Vieux Carre Condos.(Andy Lawhead)
13. Third reading and vote of ordinance adding RB (Two-Unit Residential) to Chapter 34, Article II-Landscaping Section 34-22 Applicability and Exemption requiring tree mitigation for development in this zoning district. Case No. 2007 (Andrea Correll)
14. Third reading and vote of ordinance allowing for storm water structures in a front yard on a case-by-case basis by a licensed engineer. Case No. 2008 (Andrea Correll)
15. Third reading and vote of ordinance amending Chapter 34 Article II, Landscaping, to correct a cross-reference error. Case No. 2009 (Andrea Correll)
16. Request for preliminary plat approval for Oxford Farms, Phase III for property located at 102 Farm View Drive. (Andrea Correll)
17. Accept bids for roof replacement of old RSVP building. (Bart Robinson)
18. Accept Urban Forest Challenge Grant in the amount of $15,300.00 (annual Tree Board grant). (Bart Robinson)
19. Request permission to advertise and bid AMI Meter installation services. (Rob Neely)
20. Accept Annual Audit Report and TVA Annual Report. (Rob Neely and Winston Truett)
21. Adopt resolution authorizing approval for OED to purchase service and equipment under the Joint Municipal Electric Power and Energy Law. (Rob Neely)
22. Presentation of Oxford Park Commission quarterly report. (Seth Gaines)
23. Request approval for off duty uniformed officers to work security detail at Walmart during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday shopping season. (Joey East)
24. Approve Health insurance premiums for 2016. (Braxton Tullos)
25. Request permission to apply for Go Greenfields grant. (Braxton Tullos)
26. Consider executive session.