Lafayette County Board of Supervisors agenda
Published 6:00 am Sunday, January 31, 2016
Lafayette County Board of Supervisors
Monday, 8 a.m.
1. Call to Order
2. Approve Agenda
3. Approve minutes of Jan. 19, 2016, meeting.
4. Approve claims docket
5. Planning Commission recommendation to approve Preliminary and Final Commercial Plat for The Oxford Centre, Phase II. (Larry Britt)
6. Discussion of RFP for registered foresters. (Larry Britt)
7. Discussion of Planning Commission recommendation concerning issues on County Riad 475, Morgan Property. (Larry Britt)
8. Planning Commission recommendation for Commercial Plat Approval for King of Cubes on Highway 30. (Larry Britt)
9. Planning Commission recommendation for a 9’ variance on the front setback of Lot 57 in Cross Creek Subdivision. (Larry Britt)
10. Final Acceptance of State Aid Project No. SAP-36(25)M on County Roads 313,215,251,202,108,418,303. (Larry Britt)
11. Discuss adoption of Board Policy and Procedures. (David O’Donnell)
12. Request from The Jefferson at 365 Highway 6 East to receive qualified resort status. (Tom Green)
13. Approve retention of consultant to update the Lafayette County Comprehensive Plan and approve budget amendment for the Comprehensive Plan.
14. Approve request from Clerk of the Board for payment of $80 for attendance at Jan. 4 and 19, 2016, meetings. (Sherry Wall)
15. Approve payment to Clerk of the Board of $3,313.40 for copying tax rolls and certifying to the state. (Sherry Wall)
16. Spread on the minutes the bond of Chad McLarty, supervisor. (Sherry Wall)
17. Approve travel for two employees in Tax Assessor/Collector Office to attend 2016 MECP Assessor Recertification Class in Verona on April 14, 2016, with travel cost. (Sylvia Baker)
18. Approve travel for three employees in Tax Assessor/Collector Office to attend 2015-2016 MS Tax Collector II Education and Certification Program in Verona on March 28-April 1, 2016, with a cost of $250, plus travel. (Sylvia Baker)
19. Authorize appointment to BMH South Lamar Campus Disposition Advisory Committee.
20. Report from Solid Waste Manager. (Kenneth Drewrey)
21. Request approval to apply for a Rural Fire Truck Acquisition Grant to purchase a pumper truck estimated at $250,000 and up to $70,000 would be reimbursed by the grant. (Wes Anderson)
22. Request permission for arson investigator to attend Mississippi Fire Investigators 2016 Spring Seminar on March 22-25, 2016, with registration fee of $200, plus travel and lodging. (Sheriff Buddy East)
23. Discuss request and budget amendment for video cameras at the Public Library. (Lisa Carwyle)
24. Spread on the minutes the holiday of President’s Day on Feb. 15, 2016, for County employees. (Lisa Carwyle)
25. Spread on the minutes the payment of $1,800 for lost cost to the following constables, per Section 25-7-27(f): Jody Mayfield and Jack Theobald. (Lisa Carwyle)
26. Consider executive session.