Lafayette County Board of Supervisors agenda
Published 6:00 am Sunday, March 6, 2016
Lafayette County Board of Supervisors
Monday, 8 a.m.
1. Call to Order
2. Approve Agenda
3. Approve minutes of Feb. 16, 2016, meeting.
4. Approve Claims Docket.
5. Consent Agenda:
a) Request permission to declare surplus and sell the following vehicles on govdeals.com 1983 C70 Fire Truck (250003), 1994 Ford L 9000 Tandem Dump (301046), 1992 Ford L9000 Tandem Dump (320042) and 1991 Chevy Single Axle Dump (302049). (Lisa Carwyle)
b) Request permission for three firefighters to attend the Mississippi Fire Chief’s and Firefighter’s Conference on June 2-5, 2016, in Natchez. (Wes Anderson)
c) Approve ABL Management Inc. Food Service Agreement at Lafayette County Detention Center, effective March 1, 2016, for an additional year. (Lisa Carwyle)
d) Approve Account Adjustment Register (Solid Waste Write-off List) for period ending 2/25/16. (Kenneth Drewrey)
e) Approve employment of Jeff South, Harmontown deputy. (Sheriff East)
f) Request permission for one SRO officer to attend SRO Refresher Course on March 6-9, 2016, at the Law Enforcement Academy in Pearl at no cost to the county. (Sheriff East)
g) Approve request from clerk of the Board for payment of $80 for attendance at Feb. 1 and 16, 2016, meetings. (Sherry Wall)
h) Spread on the minutes the payment of $3,660 to circuit clerk for Feb.18, 2016, term of court. (Baretta Mosley)
i) Announce bid date for LSBP-36(28) – CR 254 on Monday, March 28, 2016, at 1 p.m. (Larry Britt)
6. Appoint members to the Steering Committee/Land Use & Policy Group and Transportation, Infrastructure & Public Facilities/Services Group for the Comprehensive Plan.
7. Discuss Comprehensive Plan. (Mike Slaughter)
8. Approve quotes for striping on County Road 251. (Larry Britt)
9. Discuss developer’s request to reduce construction bond on Pine Needle Subdivision. (Larry Britt)
10. Planning Commission recommendation of Variance Request for Commercial Lots C5&C6 in Southpointe Subdivision Phase 3. Variance is to allow a portion of the drive and parking to extend into front and side buffer/setback and to allow a portion of the building to be constructed 10 feet in the West buffer area. (Larry Britt)
11. Planning Commission recommendation of Preliminary and Final Site Plat approval on Commercial Lots C5&C6 in Southpointe Subdivision Phase 3. (Larry Britt)
12. Planning Commission recommendation of Commercial Plat Approval for Centerpointe East Interconnect on Highway 6 East. (Larry Britt)
13. Planning Commission recommendation of Commercial Site Approval for SBA Cell Tower Replacement on Highway 7 South. (Larry Britt)
14. Planning Commission recommendation of Preliminary and Final Subdivision Plat approval for Taylor Greene Ph. 6. (Larry Britt)
15. Planning Commission recommendation of Plat Amendment for Splinter Creek Ph. I. (Larry Britt)
16. Planning Commission recommendation of Commercial Site Plan for Meramee Fireworks Tent. (Larry Britt)
17. Road manager report. (Jerry Haynie)
18. Request permission to apply for the SAFER Grant from FEMA for staffing of Fire Department. (Wes Anderson)
19. Discuss continuing local and private legislation to enable the Board to support the EDF operations. (Lisa Carwyle)
20. Discuss solid waste account number 71631 of $199. (Kenneth Drewrey)
21. Consider Executive Session.