Board of Aldermen agenda
Oxford Board of Aldermen
Tuesday, 5 p.m.
City Hall courtroom
1. Call to order.
2. Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
3. Mayor’s Report.
4. Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on June 21
5. Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
6. Consider consent agenda:
a. Request approval of Brown Bag permit for John M. Stokes at Tarasque Cucina. (Joey East)
b. Request approval of the following taxi drivers: Keelan Stokes (Angel Taxi), Jamyliah Ray (Angel Taxi), Julius Black (Zoe’s Taxi), Shawn Snow (Angel Taxi), and Hank Thomas (Q’s Taxi). (Joey East)
c. Request approval for one officer to attend the IACP Training Conference in Denver, CO, at a total cost of $1,770, which will be reimbursed by the Mississippi Office of Highway Safety. (Joey East)
d. Request approval for one officer to attend the DUI Forum in Jackson, at a total cost of $344. (Joey East)
e. Request approval to promote one captain to battalion chief in the Fire Department. (Braxton Tullos)
f. Request approval to promote one lieutenant to captain in the Fire Department. (Braxton Tullos)
g. Request approval to promote one firefighter to lieutenant in the Fire Department. (Braxton Tullos)
h. Request approval to promote one accounting clerk/purchasing agent to accounting manager in the Oxford Electric Department. (Braxton Tullos)
i. Request approval to advertise for one full-time driver in the Environmental Services Department to fill a vacancy. (Braxton Tullos)
j. Request approval for four employees to attend Mississippi Class I Rubbish Site Operator Certification Training on August 2-4 in Jackson, at a total cost of $1,040. (Amberlyn Liles)
7. Request approval of the annual report for the Reserve & Trust Fund.
8. Request permission to execute Notice of Federal Interest for Oxford-University Transit System Grant. (Paul Watkins)
9. Request permission to accept a Community Grant Award from Walmart in the amount of $2,500. (Joey East)
10. Request permission to conduct a parking study for the downtown area. (Matt Davis)
11. Second reading and public hearing for a proposed ordinance to rezone 1.8 acres from (RC) Multi-Unit Residential to (NB) Neighborhood Business for property located at the intersection of Anchorage Road and Highway 314 (southeast corner). (Judy Daniel)
12. Request permission to apply for Snapple Grant for recycling bins for parks. (Amberlyn Liles)
13. First reading of proposed ordinance to amend Sec. 94-58- Garbage Collection Fee Established to add Garbage and Recycling Dumpster Rates. (Amberlyn Liles)
14. Request permission to declare a piece of equipment surplus in the Environmental Services Department. (Amberlyn Liles)
15. Authorize renewal of services for Traffic Engineering Support Services and Traffic Signal Maintenance Services with HDR/ICA. (Bart Robinson)
16. Accept bids for compact loader. (Bart Robinson)
17. Accept bids and discuss options for Square ADA Project. (Bart Robinson)
18. Discuss rain date for extended hours for Uncommon Oxford (Jackson Row). (Bart Robinson)
19. Authorize change order for Tommie Collie Jane Road Sidewalks. (Bart Robinson)
20. Accept easement for sewer line from Washington-Lewis Properties, LLC. (Bart Robinson)
21. Discuss Recycling Center. (Bart Robinson)
22. Consider executive session.
Ole Miss graduate John Miles Edwards, 57, lives in Crystal Springs, but his earliest memories are about Germany where his... read more