Oxford Board of Aldermen Agenda
Published 10:34 am Monday, October 3, 2016
Oxford Board of Aldermen
Tuesday, 5 p.m.
City Hall courtroom
1. Call to order.
2. Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
3. Mayor’s Report.
4. Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on Sept. 20, 2016, and the recess meeting on Sept. 20, 2016.
5. Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
6. Consider consent agenda:
a. Request permission to hire a seasonal part-time employee in the Environmental Services Department. (Braxton Tullos)
b. Request permission for the Recycling Coordinator to travel to the 2016 State Recycling Conference in Biloxi, MS on November 1-2, 2016 at an estimated cost of $435. (Amberlyn Liles)
c. Request permission for a Human Resources employee to attend the Kronosworks 2016 Conference in Orlando, FL on November 13-16, 2016 at an estimated cost of $2,778. (Braxton Tullos)
d. Request permission to send two employees to the 2016 Healthy Workplace Summit in Jackson, MS on October 7, 2016 at no cost to the City. (Braxton Tullos)
e. Request permission to adjust the salary of one employee in the Building & Grounds Department due to the completion of their probationary period. (Braxton Tullos)
f. Request approval of the resignation of one employee in the Environmental Services Department and ad f. vertise for a replacement. (Braxton Tullos)
g. Request approval of the resignation of a part-time communications officer in the Oxford Police Department. (Braxton Tullos)
h. Request permission for one Communications Officer to attend Basic Communications training in Richland, MS on October 10-14, 2016 at an estimated cost of $600, which will be reimbursed by the state. (Joey East)
i. Request permission for one Communications Officer to attend Behind the Badge training in Tupelo, MS on October 17-18, 2016 at an estimated cost of $341. (Joey East)
j. Request permission to approve the following new taxi companies: Roy Boy Taxi, owned by Roy Watson and R and R Shuttle Service, owned by Orlando Ramsey and Jacquline Sanders-Pride. (Joey East)
k. Request permission for an Apprentice Lineman to attend TVPPA Apprentice Lineman Training in Jackson, TN on October 10-14, 2016 at an estimated cost of $1,687. (Rob Neely)
l. Request permission to approve the following list of taxi drivers for the noted companies: Rebel Rickshaw — Pruitt Griffin, Peyton Taylor, Jerry Hamer and Maxwell Gines; Flying Tuk — Paul Klimetz, Derek Brown, Timothy Klimetz, Emma Tkachuck, Zachary Wehmeyer and James Devine; Angel Taxi, Trent Johnson; County Taxi, Anthony Jones; Oxford Taxi, Chris Turner; Colonel Taxi, Terry Howell and Travis Kirk; Daniels Taxi: Bryant Oliver
7. Visit Oxford to present their 2017 Marketing Plan. (Mary Allyn Hedges)
8. Third reading, public hearing, and vote on an Ordinance amending Section 2-25 (b) of the Oxford Code of Ordinances, Mayor and Board of Aldermen Compensation as presented by the Compensation Committee. (Braxton Tullos)
11. Request permission to adopt the annual Municipal Compliance Questionnaire. (Ashley Atkinson)
12. Request approval of funding for Ribbon Cutting for Woodlawn-Davis Nature Center. (Katrina Hourin)
13. Request permission to advertise for a street sweeper, recycling rear loader truck, a transfer station loader, a roll off truck and 20-30-yard bins. (Amberlyn Liles)
14. Request permission to apply for a recycling grant from Coca-Cola with no match. (Amberlyn Liles)
15. Consider a proposal for an evaluation of the city of Oxford insurance policies. (Mark Levy)
16. Request permission to accept the annual materials bid for the Street Department and Public Works Departments. (Bart Robinson)
20. Request permission to advertise for bids on the Pressure Control Project. (Bart Robinson)
22. Request permission to authorize the release of maintenance for Old Taylor Road and Nicole Lane. (Bart Robinson)
23. Consider an executive session.
24. Recess to Oct. 13 at 12:30 p.m.