County office complex to go before Oxford Planning Commission
Published 5:00 am Monday, December 11, 2017
While the future Lafayette County Office Complex and Multi-use Arena is located outside of the city limits, county officials are seeking approval of a site plan from the Oxford Planning Commission tonight since Oxford Public Works will be providing sewer services.
In order to get an early start on construction, the project was split into two phases: a site preparation phase and a building phase.
On Monday, the Planning Commission will be reviewing the site plan for the building phase for the development that will be built on 24 acres of a 53-acre site off County Road 406. The complex will contain city and county courts and offices for various local and state agencies including the Department of Human Services and the Mississippi Highway Patrol. There are also plans for an outdoor amphitheater and a large multipurpose arena.
Email newsletter signup
Since the county is asking the city to supply sewer services, the complex must gain approval from the city Planning Commission and Board of Aldermen. Water will be provided by East Oxford Water Association.
According to the city planner’s report, the site layout of the office complex meets all standard of the 2004 zoning code; however, staff review of the site noted the need for additional site and parking lot landscaping and more trees along CR 406 and along both sides of the access road.
Sewer will be provided by a connection to a city-owned and maintained sewer main located within the right-of-way of CR 406. A manhole and sewer line will be constructed and installed by Oxford Public Works prior to the completion of the complex.
Planning staff will recommend approval to the Planning Commission with conditions that include the additional landscaping, adding six more handicap parking spaces and identify which handicap parking spaces are to serve which buildings, and modification of the site plan to show fire department connections and all hydrants within 100 feet of the connections and within 400 feet of the complex.
Also on tonight’s Oxford Planning Commission agenda:
- Public Hearing for Case No. 2253 – Alan and Julie Moore have filed a request for a six-foot, six-inch (6’6”) side yard (south) setback variance for property located at 715 S. 8th St.
- Public Hearing for Case No. 2254 – Jennifer and David McPhail have filed a request for an eight-foot (8’) front yard (south) setback variance for property located at 3900 Eagle Cove.
- Public Hearing for Case No. 2255 – John and Lois Arrechea have filed a request for a variance from Section 148.07(3) Design Standards: Lot Coverage for property located at 1220 Johnson Ave.
- Public Hearing for Case No. 2256 – The City of Oxford has filed a request for a one-foot, four-inch (1’4”) building height variance from Section 137.04(7) Height Regulations for property located at 1102 Jefferson Ave.
- Public Hearing for Case No. 2257 – The City of Oxford has filed a request for Site Plan Approval for ‘Downtown Parking Garage’ for property located at 1102 Jefferson Ave.
- Public Hearing for Case No. 2259 – JW McCurdy has filed a request for city utilities for a development outside the city limits of Oxford that includes a Preliminary and Final Plat approval for ‘Briarwood Subdivision’ for property located at 470 CR 101.
- Public Hearing for Case No. 2251 – Bridge Properties of Lafayette, LLC. has filed a request for Site Plan Approval for ‘Jackson East’ for property located at 1815 & 1817 East Jackson Ave.
- Public Hearing for Case No. 2260 – Bridge Properties of Lafayette, LLC. has filed a request for Site Plan Approval for ‘Creekside Commercial’ for property located on the southwest corner of Anderson Road and West Oxford Loop.
- Public Hearing for Case No. 2261 – Jim Davis has filed a request for Site Plan Approval for ‘Anchorage Pointe’ for property located at 27 Anchorage Road.