TIMELINE: Events surrounding the death of Ally Kostial
Published 5:21 pm Thursday, July 25, 2019
Editor’s note: This timeline includes all aspects of the case that have been verified through official means. This timeline will be updated as more information becomes available.
Below is a timeline of events surrounding the death of rising University of Mississippi senior Alexandria ‘Ally’ Kostial and the apprehension Brandon Theesfeld, 22 of Fort Worth, Texas, who has been charged with Kostial’s murder.
Email newsletter signup
- 11:52 p.m.: Kostial walks out of Funky’s and heads east down Jackson Avenue. It is unknown if she was under the influence of any substance at this time.
- 11:57:14 p.m.: Kostial gets into silver minivan (Uber rideshare) at the corner of Jackson Avenue and Courthouse Square, outside Rooster’s Blues House.
- 11:57:43 p.m.: Minivan pulls away from the curb and heads west along Jackson Avenue.
- Midnight: Kostial arrives at her apartment at the Retreat at Oxford, per roommate statement; This is the last time Kostial was seen alive in Oxford.
- 10:23 a.m.: Officers with the Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department, on routine patrol in the Harmontown area, discover Kostial’s body at Buford Ridge.
- 1:43 p.m.: Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department releases statement confirming the murder and confirming Kostial’s identity.
- 9:30 a.m.: Officers with LCSD and Memphis Police Department arrest suspect Brandon A. Theesfeld on suspicion of involvement in the death of Ally Kostial; reported as having a firearm and bloody clothes. Apprehension of suspect takes place at a South Memphis gas station.
- 3:45 p.m.: Theesfeld is booked into the Lafayette County Detention Center.
- 8 a.m.: Next to Theesfeld’s name, “hold” was written under the charge line in the jail docket. However, the word was crossed out Tuesday morning, and written above it in bold letters was the word “murder.”
- 9 a.m.: Reports start circulating that the word “murder” has since been whited out, with the word “invest” written over it.
- 11:08 a.m.: LCSD confirms Theesfeld was arrested for the murder of Ally Kostial
- 11:30 a.m.: Theesfeld and attorney Swayze Alford appear before Judge Andrew Howorth for an initial court appearance, followed by perp walk.
- 12:09 p.m.: LCSD announces no bond hearing has been scheduled
- 10 p.m.: Attorneys, and brothers, Steve and Tony Farese confirm to news outlets that they have been contacted by Brandon Theesfeld’s father, Daniel Theesfeld, and have joined Brandon’s legal team.
“We are in the early preliminary investigative stage of our defense in this matter,” Tony Farese said. “We have a lot of work to do, so we’re trying to do our due diligence at this point in time.”