Local nursing homes accepting cards for residents in isolation
The elderly population is most vulnerable when it comes to complications from COVID-19, and as a protective measure, nursing homes and assisted living facilities have closed their doors to visitors.
This leaves many residents without social interaction, and missing their family members who would normally visit their loved ones. To remedy this, local care facilities are welcoming cards addressed to residents, to brighten their day.
Readers can send store-bought cards, or have their children and grandchildren make cards as part of an arts-and-crafts activity while schools are closed. Cards should be addressed to “Residents” or “Someone Special.”
Addresses of four local facilities are listed below:
- Oxford Health & Rehab: 1301 Belk Blvd., Oxford, MS 38655
- Mississippi State Veterans Home: 120 Veterans Drive, Oxford, MS 38655
- Hermitage Gardens: 1488 Belk Blvd., Oxford, MS 38655
- The Blake Oxford: 110 Ed Perry Blvd. Oxford, MS 38655
- Elmcroft: 100 Azalea Drive, Oxford, MS 38655
The Oxford School District is closed until March 27 due to precautionary measures against the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), but they... read more