Oxford Police Department announces Georgia Tech game-day plans
Published 9:49 am Friday, September 15, 2023
The following is from the Oxford Police Department:
To ensure that everyone has a fun and safe time celebrating, we will have an increased presence in and around the downtown Square area. Our goal is to be proactive in preventing any disturbances or unsafe activities, and as always, do not hesitate to contact us should the need arise.
Getting to the game
- If you need any assistance in the downtown area, please go to the Safe Site tent in front of Visit Oxford and across the street from Funky’s.
- Shuttles will run from the South Oxford Center (the old Baptist Memorial Hospital), the Northwest Community College and Oxford High School parking lots beginning at five hours prior to kickoff and two hours postgame.
- The Jackson Avenue Center is no longer free parking.
- Shuttle parking lots will cost $20 (plus fees) to park.
- The best way to secure a parking spot is to utilize the “CLUTCH!” parking app.
- No cost to ride the shuttles.
- There will be NO shuttles running from the Square to the Grove.
- Parking at Insight Park is $25 (plus fees). There are no shuttles here. Fans must walk to the stadium.
- There is a geofence set up on campus for rideshare app pickups. The locations are Gertrude Ford Center drop off, The Jackson Avenue Center parking lot, the Kudzu lot off of Old Taylor Road and Insight Park located near the Ole Miss Soccer Stadium. Riders will be directed to choose one of these locations for their rideshare pickup.
Email newsletter signup
- Be aware of no parking zones. Vehicles will be towed from designated no-parking areas at the owners’ expense. This includes no parking on any highways or exit ramps.
- The SEC implements a clear bag policy for in-stadium use.
- Store valuables in the trunk and lock your vehicle.
After the game
- Once the fourth quarter begins, Gertrude Ford and Old Taylor Road will automatically convert to one-way traffic off campus.
- Shuttle buses will pick up in the power plant parking lot across from the stadium on Gertrude Ford.
- The Ford Center lot will be required to exit northbound towards Jackson Avenue.
- Lot A near the stadium and Manning Way will be required to turn right toward Old Taylor Road.
- Be cautious of police officers directing traffic all around Oxford. Please be patient as we work to direct traffic for optimum traffic flow.
For more information or any updates, please follow us on X (formerly Twitter) @OxfordPolice and Facebook @OxfordMSPolice. Tune into the Ole Miss Football radio pregame show for traffic updates.