Small business owners exchange tips at upcoming ‘Big Bad Business’ workshops
Published 11:58 am Tuesday, January 9, 2024
A new year is a great time to set new goals and make positive changes in your life and business. This can be overwhelming, especially when you feel like you need to make big changes.
One key to success is to plan out your year in advance, breaking down your goals into smaller achievable steps. This can help you stay focused and motivated throughout the year while also making progress toward your bigger goals.
Here are five tips for helping achieve your goals for this year:
- Set clear and achievable goals: Clearly define your business goals for the year. Ensure they are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-bound (SMART). This provides a roadmap for your business activities.
- Review and update your business plan: Take the time to review your business plan. Update it based on changing market conditions, customer feedback and the performance of your business in the previous year. A well-defined plan is crucial for success.
- Embrace technology: Stay updated with the latest technology trends relevant to your industry. Adopting new technologies can streamline processes, enhance productivity and give your business a competitive edge.
- Invest in employee development: Your employees are valuable assets. Invest in their training and development to enhance their skills. This not only improves overall productivity but also contributes to employee satisfaction and retention.
- Monitor financial health: Regularly monitor your financial statements. This helps you identify potential issues early on and make informed decisions to keep your business financially healthy.
Email newsletter signup
Remember, these tips should be adapted to the specific needs and challenges of your business. Regularly reassess and adjust your strategies to ensure continued success throughout the year.
Locally, the Arts Council and Economic Development Foundation hosts a free series of free monthly workshops titled “The Big Bad Business Series.” They will be kicking off the year with a five tips cocktail hour for small business on Jan. 29, starting at 6 p.m. at the Powerhouse.
This will be a great opportunity to gain some ecxellent advice from the local community business owners. Whether you’re a seasoned business owner, new entrepreneur or a person thinking about how to turn that idea into action, these tips will help you navigate the challenges and opportunities that might lie ahead in this new year.
The workshops are free and open to the public. Learn more about the entire series at www.oxfordarts.com.