Oxford alderman candidate Plunk seeks to promote jobs, housing
Published 8:25 am Wednesday, January 17, 2024
Ed. Note: This is the third of a series allowing candidates for the Alderman At-Large seat to discuss themselves and what they want for Oxford.
Jason Plunk, a dedicated community leader and advocate, announces his candidacy for the position of Alderman At-Large in the upcoming election.
With a proven track record of success in local initiatives, Jason brings a wealth of experience and a deep commitment to serving the residents of the City of Oxford. As an accomplished entrepreneur, Jason has a thorough understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing our city.
Email newsletter signup
If elected, Jason Plunk pledges to prioritize the needs of all citizens, foster transparent governance, and work tirelessly to give back to the residents of Oxford.
His core platform includes:
1. Promoting inclusive economic development to create jobs and stimulate local businesses while bringing new voices to the table.
2. Support OPD as they continue to ensure the well-being of all Oxonians and work tirelessly to support challenges met by the men and women of our police department.
3. Champion “work force” housing initiatives to address the city’s growing housing crisis.
4. Investing in expanding educational opportunities for our youth.
5. Preserving and enhancing our city’s public spaces, parks, and recreational facilities for residents and tourists alike.
Jason Plunk invites the citizens of Oxford to join him in his journey to preserve Oxford as the strong, prosperous, and diverse community that it is.