2018 Egg Bowl: How, where, when and what to watch for
OXFORD – Ole Miss’ tumultuous season will come to an end in Egg Bowl, where it started: on ESPN.
The Rebels will host arch-rival Mississippi State in the 2018 Egg Bowl for the 115th time, and in Oxford for the 38th time. This year, Ole Miss will have opportunity to play spoiler as the Bulldogs are ranked No. 22 in the nation.
Mississippi State drubbed Arkansas 52-6 last weekend, while Ole Miss was stunned in overtime 36-29 by Vanderbilt, after referees overturned a would-be touchdown catch by wide receiver A.J. Brown.
On paper, the Bulldogs’ defense looks to be a formidable opponent for the Rebels. Mississippi State has held Alabama, Florida and Texas A&M to well below half of their scoring totals, and has only allowed 141 points all season.
Ole Miss, however, is averaging 36.7 points per game and has scored 404 points on the year, as they look to improve on their 3-2 record over the last five Egg Bowls.
With 212 yards in the 2018 Egg Bowl, quarterback Jordan Ta’amu will set the record for most passing yards in a single season, which is currently held by Chad Kelly.
PRE-GAME EAGLE READING
- We outline how you should talk about Ole Miss’ 2018 season at Thanksgiving
- The Rebels’ volleyball team may have a disappointing record, but they sent their seniors off with a smile last Sunday.
- This Thursday, 19 seniors will be honored and this is how the Egg Bowl will give them the best send off they could ask for
- Ole Miss’ women’s basketball is getting the one of the most difficult challenges in college basketball: Geno Auriemma and UCONN
- The Rebels men’s basketball team shook off cold shooting to beat Nicholls by 20, and here’s how they did it.
How, where, when you can watch
When: Saturday, Nov. 22 at 6:30 p.m. CST
Where: Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, Oxford, Mississippi
Spread: Mississippi State -11.5
Win: Mississippi State -480
Play-by-Play: Dave Flemming
Analyst: Greg McElroy
Sidelines Reporter: Laura Rutledge
Ole Miss IMG Network:
Play-by-Play: David Kellum,
Analyst: Harry Harrison
Sidelines: Gary Darby
Pre- & Post-Game: Brett Norsworthy
Radio: 105.1 FM
Satellite Radio: XM: Channel 84/Sirius: Channel 84